International scientific-practical conference "Ukraine and the world"
- History and theory of international relations;
- Current issues of international relations and modernity;
- Foreign policy and diplomacy;
- Cultural diplomacy and international cooperation in the field of cultural heritage preservation.
International discussion platform "Shevchenko's word unites us"
Shevchenko is Ukraine!
Years will pass, centuries will pass, and Taras Shevchenko will remain in the hearts of his descendants, who will pass on his cherished words from generation to generation!
Author's course "Leadership and International Communications"
Diplomats and politicians are not born – they become!
Author’s course of the head of the department, professor Inna Kostyra “Leadership and international communications »– is the preparation of the future political elite of Ukraine.Project goal:acquaintance international students with content and features psychological aspects of leadership and managerial activities, the study of theoretical and practical aspects of international communications, acquaintance with the concept, content and forms communications, acquaintance with the concept, content and forms implementation of diplomacy, features of the organization and activities of bodies foreign relations of the state, in particular Ukraine; study of international law and the national base for regulating the activities of foreign relations bodies; mastering the skills of systematization, research, diplomatic analysis information and preparation of diplomatic documents, etc.
Meetings with ambassadors of leading countries,presidents, government officials, parliamentarians
Cool master classes
Introductorypractice in diplomatic missions, public authorities, international organizations and large companies.
We are preparing the intellectual, political and business elite of the country – the future of Ukraine.
Diplomat Summer School Project
Diplomat Summer School Project Diplomacy is always cool and prestigious. One of the biggest challenges that diplomats have to live with all the time is mastering new knowledge, foreign languages, world trends, new industries and topics. The Diplomat Summer School aims to create an educational and communication platform for modern leaders, managers in the political system of Ukraine who seek change. We are creating a proper environment for changes in the system of training the political elite of the state. Participants of the Diplomat's Summer School are waiting for: Interesting meetings with distinguished Ukrainian diplomats and ambassadors of foreign countries Master classes on the organization of diplomatic receptions, etiquette and ceremonies Oratory training School of political leadership Cognitive lectures of specialists in international relations Business lunches, buffets and more Cool quests and games, raffles of diplomatic and political literature from the personal library of the head of the department Inna Kostyra (autograph session) The Diplomat's Summer School has fully revealed the talents and leadership qualities of more than a hundred young entrants from different parts of Ukraine. This is a great opportunity for young people to pump themselves before the introductory campaign.
Project "Model UN"
Cognitive, educational role-playing game, which simulates the meetings of various UN bodies. The participants of the UN Model act as diplomats, reproducing the work of the Organization in compliance with the real rules of procedure. They represent different countries and take part in discussions on current issues on the UN agenda.
By simulating the activities of the UN, international students learn about global and local problems in different regions of the world and ways to solve them. The UN Model is held annually at the Department of International Relations, which allows students to participate in global projects and negotiations through imitations of United Nations conferences.
This role-playing game stimulates young people to work on themselves, improve their acting skills to play the role of world leaders, simulate the resolution of local and global conflicts, harmonize the world order. The game promotes the formation of skills of true leadership, initiative, public speaking skills; the art of successful negotiations, lobbying, quick settlement of conflict situations, learn to listen carefully to your interlocutor, to accept an alternative point of view. It is important for the future political elite of Ukraine to know the intricacies of world politics.
Students of other universities of Kyiv take part in the UN Model at KNUKiM: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, National Aviation University, Kyiv-Mohyla Academy. Each participant showed high professionalism.
Delegates of the UN Model coped well with the tasks. Prolonged debates, joint work on a meaningful resolution contributed to the friendship between international students of Kyiv. The closing ceremony of the UN Model event is accompanied by a ceremony of presenting certificates of participation and memorable gifts.
Cultural Diplomacy Project
Cultural diplomacy is an important area of public policy, it opens prospects for social, cultural and economic development of the state, promotes information about the country through cultural and artistic events, cultural institutions, promotion of art, cultural heritage. Diplomats tell students about the activities of cultural information centers at diplomatic missions, government agencies and NGOs that develop cultural diplomacy. Ambassadors of foreign countries, as well as Ukrainian diplomats share their own experience of promoting the country in the world through culture. It is through culture that the knowledge of the state in the world takes place. An important aspect of cultural diplomacy is the national cuisine of the state. Guests of the Department of International Relations - Ambassadors of Foreign Countries arrange presentations of culinary masterpieces of national cuisine. The teaching staff and students of the department present pearls of Ukrainian cuisine.
Bases of practice
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- Institute of Legislation of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Ministry of Culture of Ukraine
- Ministry of Economic Development and
- Trade of Ukraine Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine
- Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine
- Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine Embassy of Estonia in Ukraine
- American house Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Ukraine
- Ukrainian Institute of the Future
- Kyiv City State Administration
- State Aviation Service of Ukraine
- General Directorate for Servicing Foreign Missions
- National Institute for Strategic Studies
- New Ukraine Institute for Strategic Studies
PROFESSIONAL DISCIPLINES OF THE DEPARTMENT
The first level of higher education
• Diplomatic protocol and etiquette
• Entry to the profession
• Theory of the state and law
• Basics of diplomacy and diplomatic work
• History and theory of international relations
• Foreign language first
• Cultural diplomacy
• International public law
• Local studies
• World politics and transnational relations
• Social geography
• Globalization and European integration
• State branding in international relations
• World economy and international economic relations
• Ukraine in world politics
• Geopolitics and geostrategy
• International political communications
• Cross-cultural management
• Information and analytical activities in international relations
• Foreign language of specialization
• Foreign policy of the world’s leading countries
• Modern trends in international relations
• Analysis and forecasting of foreign policy
The second level of higher education
• Theory and practice of modern diplomacy
• Cultural interaction in international relations
• International systems and global development
• Analysis and forecasting of foreign policy
• Translation workshop
• Diplomatic service and the law of foreign relations
• Integration and disintegration processes in the modern world
• International organizations and global problems of our time
• Institutions and programs of international development
A specialist in international relations can work:
- Foreign missions;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- Administration of the President of Ukraine;
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- Department of International;
- Cooperation and European Integration;
- International governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- European companies and international corporations.