291 INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS,
public communications and regional studies
Areas of research
– cultural diplomacy,
– history and theory of international relations,
– diplomacy and world politics,
– information and communication technologies,
– foreign policy of Ukraine,
– International Economics.
Research activities Teachers
Conducting research is one of the priorities of the Department of International Relations. This involves gaining new knowledge and promoting the comprehensive development of Ukraine, the implementation of foreign policy programs and projects of the state.
Scientific activity is carried out on the basis of the Constitution of Ukraine and legislation, normative and legal documents of KNUKiM, in accordance with the Code of Academic Integrity of Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts, regulations on prevention of academic plagiarism and principles of academic integrity.
Planning of scientific activity of the Department is aimed at the development of priority thematic areas of science KNUKi
The scientific activity of the Department is carried out by:
– conducting basic research on the problems of diplomacy, geopolitics and international relations of Ukraine;
– implementation of applied research to strengthen European integration processes;
– preparation and publication of monographs, textbooks and manuals, collections of scientific papers, articles, abstracts, etc .;
– organization and holding of scientific international and all-Ukrainian conferences;
– introduction of research results into the educational process;
– improving the quality of training of bachelors and masters;
– implementation of the results of scientific activity in practical activities in the field of cultural diplomacy;
– improvement of scientific qualification of scientific and pedagogical workers;
– development of relations with other universities, institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, state bodies and departments, public organizations;
– cooperation with educational institutions of the EU and international organizations.
Since 2018, the Collection of Scientific Papers “International Relations: Theoretical and Practical Aspects” has been published continuously.
The publication is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine (category “B”) in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 30.11.2021 № 1290 in specialty 291 “International Relations, Public Communications and Regional Studies”.
Ukraine and the World International Conference
Since 2017, the Department organizes and conducts an annual conference with the participation of scientists from all regions of Ukraine and European countries (Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Great Britain, etc.).
Proceedings of the conference "Ukraine and the World"
scientific and methodological achievements of the department
Ukraine and the world "Young Scientist"
Involvement of students in scientific activities is one of the priority areas of the Department. Relevant work with students is carried out from the 1st year of study, but in the preparation of bachelor’s and diploma theses it is already mandatory. The main forms of scientific activity of students are participation in national and international conferences, preparation of scientific publications and graduation theses. This process is carried out under the guidance and with the participation of all research and teaching staff of the department. At the same time, it is obligatory to observe the principles of academic charity in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine and normative documents of KNUKiM.
In order to train specialists for students, the annual international conference “Ukraine and the World” is held, based on the results of which the scientific student collection “Young Scientist” is published. In addition to our students, students from other universities also take part in the conference.
Students of the Department also take part in scientific events of other educational institutions of Ukraine and the EU